The Seiriol Alliance has been discussing access to Health, Transport and Social Care since it was set up in 2016.
To date, their main focus has centred upon the following priorities:
1. Isolation and Loneliness
2. Care and support for those living with Dementia
3. Access to community resources / activities
Supporting those who are diagnosed with Dementia, including their families and carers, is recognised as one of the biggest challenges for Health and Social Care Services. With an increasing older population, we are seeking ways to support people within our community and we have been actively engaged in ensuring their inclusion in the newly established Community Hubs.
Current and ongoing developments include:
1. A service for those living with dementia was established in 2018 to provide meaningful and therapeutic activities in the community hubs in Llangoed and Llanddona. See “Your Community Hubs” for more information.
2. A Dementia Friends Steering Group set up to raise awareness of Dementia. The Group meets regularly. Please go to the group’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/Seiriol-Dementia-Steering-Group-145851039551755) for more information. You can also contact the group by email on [email protected].
4. The Seiriol Good Turn Scheme started operating on 19th March 2020.
3. The Seiriol Community Minibus has been operational since 2017. The minibus provides valuable community transport in the area. If you are interested in borrowing the minibus or becoming a volunteer driver please contact Canolfan Beaumaris (Tel: 01248 811200 or email: [email protected]) for more information.
Telephone: (01248) 305014
The line is open from 9 AM - 5 PM Monday to Friday.
The purpose of the Good Turn Scheme is to meet the needs of the community by providing a range of services for persons residing within the Seiriol area who may be in need of such services. It is happy to consider providing help to any person of any age, families, or groups of individuals dependant on their needs and the availability of volunteers. The services provided are based on the principle of volunteers doing “good turns” to help individuals or groups with identified needs. These good turns will include the following:
- Providing transport such as to take clients to their GP surgery, hospital or other appointments,
- Shopping, prescription collection from the pharmacy
- Befriending calls to lonely housebound people
- Help with dog walking and looking after other pets in times of need
- Support individuals to develop digital skills such as internet access and social media, thereby tackling isolation
- Changing library books
This list isn’t exhaustive. Please give us a call even if your requirement isn’t listed above, and we will see what we can do.
Please note that all services are subject to Covid-19 guidance. We understand that the course of the pandemic is creating loneliness and difficulty for people and we will do all we can to help. However, during this time we also have to think of everyone’s safety and we may not be able to carry out tasks which put individuals at unacceptable risk.
As you can see from the list above we can now provide community transport. Transport can be provided in the community minibus or by one of our 40 volunteers using their own car.
To obtain any service you need to register with the Scheme. Registration is free and doesn’t commit you to using the scheme any more than you want to. Please give one of our friendly volunteer call-handlers a ring on (01248) 305014 to discuss registration and any other queries or concerns.
We committed to providing as good a service as we can. The Scheme is keen to learn from all the feedback and comments it receives. All service users and volunteers are encouraged to express any concerns or ideas as to how we can improve the service.
If you have any concerns or thoughts please contact us either by ringing one of our call-handlers or by writing to us. For further information please see our Complaints Procedure on the following link:
SEIRIOL GOOD TURN SCHEME
Canolfan Hamdden Beaumaris
Email: [email protected]
Choose your Language: